Blazing Dragons Race Teams
We are commonly known as the Bucks County Blazing Dragons. Bucks County Blazing Dragons is a family made up of ten (10) race teams and growing! We have youth teams, women’s teams and mixed teams. There is a team for all interest levels; from bi-monthly practices to bi-weekly practices. Some teams participate in one festival while some participate in up to 7 festivals a season. All teams are made up of 20 enthusiastic paddlers, a focused drummer and steersperson. We all share the common passion of dragon boating and support each other on and off the water. We have a boathouse located at 156 S. Main Street in New Hope and two dock locations:
- South Main Street in New Hope Borough where our beloved boats Ruby Red, White Lightning, and Blue Sapphire are docked
- Core Creek Park in Langhorne where our dragon boat, Midnight Pearl, is docked
We are always recruiting energetic men and women to join our organization! Contact us to learn more about how to join or stop by our boathouse to speak with one of our members directly.
Bucks County Dragon Boat Association a community of individuals with a common goal: to better ourselves as athletes while contributing to team unity and excellence. We do so by adhering to the following values:
- Sportsmanship: We compete to win, but in the process, we play fair and display courtesy.
- Team Spirit: We give 110%. We are only as strong as our weakest link. So we paddle together – in sync and as a team – and in return we learn that together, we are more than the sum of our individual strengths.
- Respect: We appreciate and maintain high regard for one another… everyone counts, everyone matters. We are more than just a racing team and more than just teammates. We are a group of friends from all walks of life who train hard and play hard together.
Having a good time is the team ethos-getting fit and winning races are just the perks. All are welcome and all will be highly valued team members. No previous paddling experience is necessary.
Our practices are held in New Hope Borough and at Core Creek Park in Langhorne, PA. BCDBA’s Core Creek dock is located at the Duchess Lane Picnic Area. Our on-water practices last approximately 90 minutes.
We believe that in order to better our performance as a paddler, we need to build our cardio, strength, and endurance in addition to practices on the boat. That is why we also encourage members to engage in cross-training while off the boat all year long. Paddlers are expected to maintain a healthy weight and a fitness level worthy of a competitive dragon boat crew.
Bucks County Dragon Boat Association is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that relies solely on sponsors and members to run its operations. Membership dues are needed to help the club operate, serve the larger community, buy insurances, equipment, and other necessary expenses. Contact us for more information regarding membership fees and costs.
By joining us you will have the opportunity to develop lasting relationships with a diverse group of individuals who are looking for a fun, competitive, and challenging sport. We are all friends outside of training. We engage in a variety of social activities and participate in a various community outreach events.
Need more information? Send us an email if you would like to speak with one of us directly.
In The News: