Bucks County Dragon Boat is made up of multiple racing teams and growing every season since 2012. We have women and mixed teams that range from recreational to elite. We are always recruiting energetic men and women to join our organization. All teams are full for this season so check back in Fall 2020 to join for the 2021 season!
2020 Bucks County Dragon Boat Teams:
- Lightning (3 beginner boats for 2020). Beginner dragon boat program for both men and women located at Core Creek Park and in New Hope. Season runs May-September and will participate in the Bucks County Dragon Boat Festival on September 12, 2020. Sold out for 2020!
- Fierce. Recreational/Community women’s team located at Core Creek Park in Langhorne, PA. Coached by Ken Dickerson. Practices on Monday evenings at 6:30 PM. Participates in 3 dragon boat races throughout the season. Season runs May-September. Sold out for 2020!
- Fear. Recreational/Community women’s team located at Core Creek Park in Langhorne, PA. Coached by Bonnie Gepner. Practices on Monday evenings at 6:30 PM. Participates in 3 dragon boat races throughout the season. Season runs May-September. Sold out for 2020!
- Fury. Competitive women’s team located in New Hope, PA. Coached by Laura Kent, Gary Thomas and Laurie McHugh. Practices on Wednesday evenings at 6:30 PM and will add additional practices closer to race day. Participates in 3 dragon boat races throughout the season. Season runs April-September. Sold out for 2020!
- Fusion. Elite women, open & mixed dragon boat program located in New Hope, PA. Coached by Greg Chang, Chris Wetzel & Gary Thomas. Practices on Tuesday and Thursday evenings at 6:30 PM and Sunday mornings at 8 am. This team races locally, nationally and internationally. Participates in 4-5 dragon boat races throughout the season. Season runs April-October. Off-season training is mandatory to be a member of Fusion and requires a tryout and fitness testing. Prior dragon boat experience is required and a coach’s recommendation is needed.
There is a team for all interest levels; from bi-monthly practices to bi-weekly practices. Some teams participate in 1 dragon boat festival while some participate in up to 4-5 festivals a season. All teams are made up of 20 enthusiastic paddlers, a focused drummer and steersperson. Our boathouse located at 156 S. Main Street in New Hope and we have multiple dock locations:
- South Main Street in New Hope Borough
- Lake Luxembourg at Core Creek Park in Langhorne
- D & S Marina in Tullytown (OC-6)
Bucks County Dragon Boat is a community of individuals with a common goal: to better ourselves as athletes while contributing to team unity and excellence. We do so by adhering to the following values:
- Sportsmanship: We compete to win, but in the process we play fair and display courtesy.
- Team Spirit: We give 110%. We are only as strong as our weakest link. So we paddle together – in sync and as a team – and in return we learn that together we are more than the sum of our individual strengths.
- Respect: We appreciate and maintain high regard for one another… everyone counts, everyone matters. We are more than just a racing team and more than just teammates. We are a group of friends from all walks of life who train hard and play hard together.
Bucks County Dragon Boat Association is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that relies solely on members to run its operations. Membership dues are needed to help the club operate, serve the larger community, buy insurances, equipment, and other necessary expenses. Contact us for more information regarding membership fees and costs. Send us an email if you would like to speak with one of us directly.